If you are looking to boost your search engine optimization on your Joomla site, one of the very best ways you can do this is by creating targeted page titles. Page titles show up in your browser tab, and tell Google and other search engines exactly what your page entails. Here's how to set up a custom page title:
- Log into the backend of your Joomla website.
- Open the menu manager.
- Open the menu that contains the links you need to work with.
- Click on the menu item that you'd like to update.
- Click the "Page Display" tab.
- In the browser page title field, enter a page title for your site. Page titles should be less than 60 characters, and should contain an important keyword or keyphrase for your website.
- Click "Save and Close" to finish.
That's it! You've just set a custom page title for your menu item.
Caveat: Not all menu item types have the ability to set a page title. Menu Item Aliases, for example don't have a "Page Display" tab.
Would you like to learn more about Search Engine Optimization? Check out this blog article I wrote: Eight Simple SEO Tips for Business Owners